Thursday, December 10, 2009

Do I deal with stress worse than others?

Is it normal to cry almost constantly and be unable to function or leave the house for a while if you give birth to a baby who was only 21 weeks and was dead and this was the thrid pregnancy loss in less than 2 years? I have previously prided myself on being able to handle stress well but now I can't function in day to day life. I am afraid to leave my house and am petrified that something bad will happen (I just lost my 17 year old cat this morning after a short illness) I'm talking to myself a lot and today I threw some tools that I couldn't make work properly. My husband seems to be doing fine and seems at a loss with what to do with me. I think I shoudl leave him because I'm now feeling insane but is this normal? What should I do? Maybe I just have a weak constitution and can't help but fall apart?



Do I deal with stress worse than others?playhouse



Hun, you just lost a child and now another family member (cat). Things are not supposed to be ok for you right now. There is no time limit when it comes to grieving and you have already been through this twice before. As far as your husband, I am sure he is hurting just as much as you but with men they tend to feel like they have to be the stronger of the two and rarely show their feelings. Now what to do about you? You really need to speak to a professional about this. You are going though alot and need some guidence right now. Making any kind of drastic decision right now(leaving husband) is not a good idea since you are not thinking rationally right now. You need to hold off on any decision making until you are better emotionally. Please think about speaking to a professional, he/she can help you sort out your feelings and come to terms with all of this. They can also direct you to other sources, groups for people who are going through the same thing. Please think about talking to a professional, it cannot hurt you, best wishes!



Do I deal with stress worse than others?plays opera theater



you are depressed and need to talk with a professional



you have been through alot i think getting help would help you begin to heal from your loss. God Bless
Honey, it's seems to me that you deserve a nervous breakdown about now. You have obviously not just gone through normal stress. You sound to me like you are in depression. You've got a lot of grief issues to deal with. You should probably speak to a counselor, both you and your husband. Even though he seems fine to you, he may not be fine at all. Going to a counselor will also help him to understand why you are having such a hard time. You sound like a perfectly normal person to me, you've just got a lot of pain. Give yourself a break, and I will say a prayer for you.
Althought I am not a psychologist, I would greatly consider you looking into setting up a meeting to talk to someone. Stress is very common and many ppl deal with it in there own way but when things become violent and unsafe, outside help is needed. The crying may be due to mild depression, which isn't common after loss. I myself, have gone through a miscarriage and can only imagine the pain you must feel. But I found talking to a professional extremely helpful. Sometimes you just need the advise of someone who will not judge you or look at you funny. I hope this helped. My prayers are with you and your family.
This could be hormonal, you definitely sound depressed, but who wouldn't be with what you've been through? I'm sure your husband is sad also they just don't react the same way as we do and again, the way you're reacting may be due to hormonal imbalance. The only way to resolve this is with time and talking to your doctor. I wouldn't end the marriage just yet, wait and see how things go after everything else settles down. My Mom always reminds me when things get "crazy" with my life, "This too, shall pass" and you know what? She's right. It always does. Good luck! GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR! If he/she doesn't help you to YOUR satisfaction, change doctors.
You've experienced an avalanche of fear. Everything is going wrong for you. Leaving your husband isn't the answer, he isn't the creator of your problem. Crying all day isn't the answer. Staying inside isn't the answer. Cats don't live forever.



You've experienced a personal loss, twice. Check with your doctor to see if there is a physical reason the babies didn't make it to full term. If your healthy try again. A friend had two miscarriages before a child stay alive long enough to come out alive. It happens. Don't worry about the tools. They can be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan