Thursday, December 10, 2009

Grab-bag of issues, help with managing stress?!?

Hey everyone--



I'm holding it together pretty well, but I want Yahoo's crowd to give me some stress-relief tips---I could use them!



My 12 year old sister has been diagnosed with full-blown anorexia, she looks like a concentration camp victim, and we're probably going to have to inpatient her. My Mom has been dealing with my sister's issues for years (Dad's been dead for two years), and has been at the end of her strength for a while---she just seems exhausted all the time. We don't have any family close to help her.



I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS, a totally manageable, but massively life-changing hormone/endocrine syndrome.



I'm currently on suicide watch for two close friends, one of whom may be also in federal prison soon for something that happened due to his mental illness.



My aunt just recovered from ovarian cancer, but got sick again (unknown cause so far). My uncle is on disability due to his Parkinson's-like illness.



The list goes on, but that's the main stuff. Help!



Grab-bag of issues, help with managing stress?!?theater seating



Start drinking heavilly...



Haha, joking.



Start jogging, working out, or something like that. Find an activity that you can do for a stretch of time that consumes your focus and allows you to leave your stress behind for a while. Your stress wont go away any time soon, but this really helps to make it more managable.



Grab-bag of issues, help with managing stress?!?lyric opera opera theater



Just life. You cant save everyone. That is why we have the darwin theory. Put your sister in the hospital. And you and your mom head for the beach. If firends need a suicide watch call the police. I would go to the beach for a week. Just go somewhere cheap. These people are sucking the life out of you.
I am sorry about this meriot of pain, for you and your family. I might suggest counseling as a family to a professional, just to make sure noone is in a depression state. Mainly everyone needs to take time out for themselves, whether it be a massage, manicure, a walk, a work out. These things all help relieve stress. Mainly let mom know you are there for her, ask her how she is doing. I pray things will get better for you all!
No matter what happens in life, I have found that you must take some private time for yourself to find inner peace on a regular basis. If you give 100% all the time you will wear yourself too thin. Also find good solid people to talk too and try not to keep all the painful things going on in your life inside.



Activities I have used to help with sad and stressful times:



- Write in a journal



- Read the book of Psalms in the bible



- Enjoy breaks outside taking in nature



- Talk to other people going through similar experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan