Thursday, December 10, 2009

How can I deal with stress better so my sugar levels will be under control?

I have type 2 diabetes and was doing pretty good for about a year in keeping my blood sugars down. Then stress hit my life and my levels are always in the 140's. Sometimes when I first wake up they might be in the high 120's or 130's. I'm working out daily, watching what I eat. So any suggestions on how I can deal with stress better?



How can I deal with stress better so my sugar levels will be under control?sheet music



Outside events (like problems with your boss, preparing to move or worrying about a child鈥檚 wedding) can be upsetting. But remember that it鈥檚 not the outside force, but how you react to it inside that鈥檚 important. You can鈥檛 control all the outside events in your life, but you can change how you handle them emotionally and psychologically. Here are some



good ways to cope



? Take 15 to 20 minutes a day to sit quietly, breathe deeply, and think of a peaceful picture.



? Try to learn to accept things you can鈥檛 change. You don鈥檛 have to solve all of life鈥檚 problems. Talk out your troubles



and look for the good instead of the bad in situations



? Engage in physical activity regularly. Do what you enjoy 鈥?walk, swim, ride a bike or jog to get your big muscles going. Letting go of the tension in your body will help you feel a lot better.



? Limit alcohol, don鈥檛 overeat and don鈥檛 smoke.



How can I deal with stress better so my sugar levels will be under control?state theatre opera theater



It's possible that you need a higher dosage of oral medication or insulin, whichever you use.
Eating less fatty foods seems to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan