Saturday, December 5, 2009

Should I seek help for my depression and stress levels or deal with it my self?

Since I started my last two senior year of High School my stress levels have increased dramatically. I sleep irregularly and have developed a case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome which has lead to weight loss and malnutrition and lead to fragility in my health. This has concerned friends. Another point of concern that has developed recently is where I start twitching or convulsing periodically and usually happens when I鈥檓 fatigued.



The depression worries me a bit because it's fired up again since two years ago where it was at its worst. I have a boyfriend now and tend to act impulsively when I鈥檓 feeling down. I got drunk in his presence then went into hysterics where I cried, periodically convulsed, then began talking as a collective (three different people) then I tried harming my self with a Stanley Knife, Package knife, shards of glass and pins all of which my boyfriend had to wrestle off me. This as you can imagine scared quiet a bit, and he is now nagging me to see a councillor.



I have planned to take some stress management courses, but fear going to the councillor. What should I do?



Should I seek help for my depression and stress levels or deal with it my self?state theatre



this sounds exactly like me, one year ago. i've been through everything that you just explained, and i didn't have anyone to tell me the consequences of not getting help, and had to learn it all from the hard way. so trust me with this.



if you're turning to alcohol while in the presence of your boyfriend, that's a sign that tells me that you need someone to pay attention to you in a way that they wouldn't normally pay attention to you if you were sober and less likely to talk to someone about your feelings of depression.



not only is alcohol a bad choice for getting your mind off depression (or anything for that matter), it's also not healthy. if you keep doing this, alcohol consumption might become a habit or dependency, and then you will have severe depression AND alcoholism. which will lead to much worse things than what you already have right now.



also, getting drunk in front of your boyfriend on purpose and then trying to harm yourself with sharp objects will do nothing but push him away over time. if you only did it once, he will obviously be worried and tell you to seek help. but after that, it will get old to him, he'll get sick of you not listening to the only advice he has for you, he'll feel like he always has to take care of you and he doesn't get any attention, and he'll move onto someone else.



what's holding you back from getting help from a professional? if it's pride, get over it--quickly. your depression will eat away at you and only get worse if you don't find someone to help you through it, and worse things like what i just described will-not might, will-happen.



as for your IBS and your friends being concerned about your malnourishment- explain to them why you lose weight so much, and that it's a medical disease that you can't control..not anorexia or anything they should be seriously worried about. just don't lose too much weight and make sure you get enough vitamins in your system to keep you going from day to day.



Should I seek help for my depression and stress levels or deal with it my self?theater opera theater



Please do not fear seeking professional help. A therapist or counselor can really help you to get things back on track. You would benefit from seeking help from a psychiatrist as well. There are many wonderful medications that can help you feel more in control of your life.
Go to the councillor. If needed take medication. Stress is no good. You're lucky to have a boyfriend. I hope he can look after you. God bless.
You should seek help from a mental health professional. Anything you say in counseling will be kept private, but words of advice from experience: Never say you feel like killing yourself or that you're going to. That's asking for trouble, but you're smart enough to know that.;)
The best thing to do in your case is seek help to a councilor. After that first step the councilor will help you either by prescribing you anti-depressents which are very effective and/or give you information on how to relax and eventually get rid of your depression. I had panic attacks anxiety, now im taking medication and it works, You must seek help. the last thing you want to do is regret something you did bad because of the effects of your depression. hope this helps thanks,
Sometimes that first step is the hardest. But please do it. Talk therapy and sometime medications are what you need. Please don't be afraid.You need a Therapist and a Psychiatrist.I was a counselor myself and I didn't have the education to help someone with severe problems like yours.If you were my client I'd refer you to the closest mental health clinic because you may very well need medications that can only be prescribed by a Psychiatrist.The Psychiatrist can refer you to a talk therapist, Good luck.
Don't go in and tell people about this. You will get some weird medication and spend a lot of time going over things that you should put behind you. Go in on the premise of physical health, not mental health and get answers. You in the way distant future will remember this.
Oh my dear soul. You shouldn't be afraid of couseling, it just shows you are trying to help yourself. Counseling is good for depression and anxiety. I put it off til I thought I was crazy and almost punched out a Dr. in the ER. Counseling helps and you know you have someone that understands you and can not tell a soul. I have been in counseling on and off for the last 4 years. There are mild medications to help you too. Sometimes our hormones get out of wack and we just need guidance. God bless and do not be afraid. I have been without anxiety now for over a year, tho sometimes still can be in a depressed mood. Sometimes things happen out of our control, but counseling can help you get back into control. If ya want to email feel free to do so. Prayers are with you.
You are dealing with issues you are not capable of handling on your own. You need to seek professional help immediately. Only a trained professional is qualified to help you here. Stress management courses are the least of your concern. You are physcially harming yourself and the next time there may not be anyone to stop you.
i had alot on my plate once- divorce, raising a child alone while father is in Iraq, bankrupcy, having to move back home to Mom and Dad and having parents wanting to know where I was going every time I stepped out of the house... I began to cut on my self. Had written goodbyes, and planned my suicide. My boyfriend at the time talked me into going to the ER to talk to someone. They admitted me to the psych clinic. It took some coaxing and at first it was very scary. I won't deny that. This was 2 yrs ago. Today I am off my antidepressants and am no longer seeing therapists. I am back to my old happy cheerful self. Don't be afraid of couselors. They are the most comforting people you can imagine. My advise would be to seek some kind of therapy and please stay away from alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant in itself. Nothing good can come from it.
Try CORTISLIM this stuff is amazing you will feel a difference in about three days.What ever you do don't take prescription drugs always look for alternative medicine.One last and very important thing drink lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan