Saturday, December 5, 2009

Do I have post traumatic stress disorder?

I'm 15 years old. When i was a child i was sexually abused by three people who were close to me. I also have been in relationships that i have been sexually harassed and sexually abused. Now when i'm getting "in to the moment" with my serious boyfriend, i start to freak out and become distant because i picture terrible past events that have happened to me. Its tearing my relationship apart. I also have trouble sleeping and consintrating on work at school. I also hate going out with my friends and im very jumpy all the time. I have a very low-self esteem. I need to know if i have post traumatic stress disorder before i tell anyone about my past so i dont sound crazy.



Do I have post traumatic stress disorder?amc theater



probably, as this is very traumatic what happened to you. U sound like a very brave girl. You should talk to your parents, or a councelor. They will help you with recovering from this and with your self esteem too. I think also, it is soon for you to have a serious relationship involving sex, as you are only 15. Dont think, that im some old fashioned lady, Im young girl, 24, but still think, it is quite early, especially if you were sexualy abused. If your boyfriend really loves you, he will understand, that you cant have sex for a little while, because you need to deal with something. If he wont understand, he wasnt worth your time at all. Good luck to you, and dont be afraid about telling people, as a councelor or your love ones.



Do I have post traumatic stress disorder?concerts opera theater



it's possible, but you should talk to a counselor. your school should have a social worker that you can go to (school social workers are trained specifically in youth issues and in counseling and they're free). just talking about your past with someone will help you feel better. don't have people on yahoo answers diagnose you. see a professional.
It is possible that you do have PTSD.



You will need to seek therapy to confirm this and to help learn to deal with all the emotions you're feeling.



What happened to you is awful, and I am sorry, but therapy can help!
Yes, you sound like a classic case for PTSD. You MUST speak to a counsellor or psychologist who can help you sort through your feelings regarding the abuse you have been wrongly subjected to. You are definitely not crazy. In fact, I admire you for going on this long as well as you have. Please tell your parents as soon as possible and get into treatment. Good luck!
Hi,



You are not crazy at all. The things you are experiencing (including your low self-esteem) are very normal and common in people who have had simular experiences. Don't tell people you have PTSD though, that's something for a professional to diagnose and can't just be diagnosed by anyone on the basis of what you are telling us. My suggestion is that you go and see a counsellor or psychologist, they are the best people to help you get through this.



By the way, if you do have PTSD the good news is that something can be done about it. So go and seek some help so you don't have to continue to feel this way.



Good luck and all the best.
Adding to what others have suggested about seeking professional support, I'd like to suggest you seek someone specifically trained to deal with trauma.



Believe me when I say that just because they have a degree does not qualify them to work with you. But you should be able to find someone in your local area, qualified to assist you with your specific needs, fairly easily. Local programs for trauma survivors can even provide you with references if you need them.
i'm sure u do. what your saying sounds very traumatic. u should tell somebody

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan