Thursday, December 10, 2009

Which is worse? Taking zoloft while pregnant or having extereme stress with panic attacks and suicid

I've taken zoloft since high school a few years back because I was basically ruining me and my finance's life at the time... Now I'm pregnant and just got married in October right after leaving my finance of 6 years. I talked to my doctor about the zoloft and she said it would be fine to take up until my 3rd trimester. Well I'm about a month away from the 3rd trimester and scared to death. When I take the zoloft I'm fine.. I don't freak out I don't have panic attacks I don't try to beat up my husband for no reason.... But I've tried to wing myself off of it a few times lately and have lost my mind both times... Yesterday I had a full out panic attack in the grocery store with my husband! Then for the rest of the day I couldnt stop stressing about every little thing that could go wrong in my life... My baby is usually really bouncy lately but yesterday I didnt feel her move at all until her daddy rubed my stomach before I went to sleep. Which is worse. Taking the zoloft or harsh stress.



Which is worse? Taking zoloft while pregnant or having extereme stress with panic attacks and suicide thoughtslyric opera



Sounds like you need to take it. I take 50 Mg's a day and my doctor said if I have to take it not to worry because Zoloft is one of the safest drugs to take while pregnant. My doctor also told me that the baby won't have any side effects except that right after birth, she might have a body spasm where it looks like a seizure but it's not!



Why do this to yourself!? You need to have an enjoyable stress free life while pregnant.. You've been taking them for a while and you need them! That's fine! Some people do.. others don't. I am one who needs it as well. The panic attacks will be horrible!! You are not an unfit mother if you take them!! I would go back on them!! Good luck to you!!



Which is worse? Taking zoloft while pregnant or having extereme stress with panic attacks and suicide thoughtsimax theater opera theater



Zoloft is actually safe to take and is often prescribed during pregnancies!



ETA ~ The benefits in your case seem to outweigh any risks involved, to me you need to continue them...consult your OB!
I would try weaning off of it like dr advises. Because you have pregnancy hormones, you might not have any negative reaction and be just fine! You need to focus on things that make you happy - rent funny movies, do crafts, cook, do something to keep your mind busy and stay away from stresses.



Talk to your dr if it continues to be a problem! It might take a few weeks of being off of it before you feel normal.
You need to talk to your doctor.
talk to your doctor, he might be able to prescribe something safer to take for the baby when you enter the 3rd trimester. I have dealt with panic attacks for years and i know how you feel. Good luck
If you have clearance from your attending to continue your Zoloft, then take the meds! I would also suggest that you look into other ways to control your stress and handle panic attacks. It looks like you might need more than just Zoloft if you are having suicidal thoughts, but ask your doctor about giving you a serotonin/noradrenaline selective reuptake inhibitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan