Thursday, December 10, 2009

What should I do torelieve stress, and what do you think of my ideas to solve?

really need to relieve some stress. Not big stuff, just the little stuff. I can easily get cigarettes or pot, but I'm not sure about it.



BTW, I'm 14, so I don't know what else to do besides just be stupid. Any ideas on if I should or should not and if not, what to do instead. Parents and or counselors are out of the question.



What should I do torelieve stress, and what do you think of my ideas to solve?passions soap opera



I'm a teenager too and have lost many friends because of cigarettes or pot. It's depressing to see them totally wasted, going out and hurting themselves and others. It is definitely not the direction you want to go.



Being a teenager doesn't automatically make you stupid, by the way. Regardless of what people tell you.



Exercising actually does put you in a better mood. But its got to be fun. To wake myself up in the morning my fav song plays as an alarm. I love it so much I can't help but to get out of bed and dance to it (not well, mind you), then I have absolutely no cares in the world, or what I have to face that day, while I dance. It puts me in a cheerful mood, and releases a lot of stress.



I suggest you find a sport you love too. And don't worry about sucking at it or on the other hand worrying what others will think when you've made a bad move. After school I have tennis practice, and when I'm mad, I just beat the crap out of the tennis ball. It just makes me feel better. :) Not interested? I would invest in a punching bag that you can knock out when ever you feel like it ( instead of taking your anger out on the ones you love, which just adds more stress to the mix!).



Sometimes just doing something different from my daily routine puts me in a good mood. I show myself that I still have control in my life, which releases that sort of stress.



Sometimes, I hide little wrapped presents for myself around my room with notes that remind me of who I am and what I stand for. I usually forget about them and then I couple of weeks later I find a beautiful wrapped present with a 20 dollar bill in my room that says to treat myself to a movie. A corny pick-me-up but it truly relaxes me and reminds me to go and live a little (safely, though).



Just don't invest your time, your life, into cigarettes and pot: you slowly start to lose the things you hold dear, and periodically you get more angry at yourself; it's not worth it. You're smarter than that. You must be, because you didn't jump at the opportunity to start smoking because of stress.



:) *%26lt;:op !



What should I do torelieve stress, and what do you think of my ideas to solve?mr messed up opera theater



walk or talk to me dogmicjoe@yahoo.com
learn to enjoy nature and just listen to the birds and the leaves blow in the wind, thats what i do =)
start eating right and exercising and take up a hobby no matter what it is art of somekind sewing making jewelry something you like it really helps. good luck
I suggest you don't do any pot or cigarettes, they aren't good for your lungs. YOu should exercise, since it WILL help relieve stress. MInd taking off 10 minutes each day to do some cardio exercise? It's really easy.
listen to soothing music =have a nice warm bubble bath=go for a walk with a close friend and just walk=have some ice-cream=get a friend to massage your back and you in return for her=think of all the things in your life you are thankful for =these are a few
Take a short nap.STAY OFF CIGS AND POT.
First of all, I commend you for having the smarts to stay away from items (cigs, pot, drugs, sex) that, while they may help you in the short run, will create huge problems in the long run. Good for you.



I'm an expert in this area, because I have suffered an anxiety disorder for 25 years.



Learn to give yourself foot and hand massages. You have no idea how good it feels.



Take a long bubble bath with candles and your favorite girly mag.



Take a long swim. It's very soothing, the sounds of the water while you relax your muscles one by one.



Look into progressive relaxation therapy. If you aren't asleep %26amp; totally relaxed after this, I will eat my hat.



Look into meditation. Just closing your eyes and do nothing but listen to yourself breathing.



Go for a run.



Soak your feet. If you can get your feet to relax, your whole body will relax.



Take up yoga or pilates. Or some form of dance.



Have some fun with a friend. Go to Macy's or Dillards and try on prom dresses. Take advantage of free makeovers at the make-up counter.



Do you have a pet? It's a real de-stress to pick up a warm furry friend and listen to them purr their hearts out because they're happy to see you. Playing with them is a big de-stressor, too.



Redecorate your room. Move the bed, paint the walls, pull a different bed cover out of the closet, rearrange.



Go through the Odd news icons in yahoo. Lots of funny stuff and funny pictures. E-mail them to friends.



Text your friends. Use Yahoo answers' jokes to make them laugh.



Do your hair up really nice.



Gotta go. Debbie TX Mom
Definitely stay away from cigarettes and pot that will just cause you way more stress later and it really isn't worth it. I would try yoga and meditation. Finding religion is always a good thing. Don't cover up the stress find a place inside your self to replenish happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan