Thursday, December 10, 2009

Irregular periods due to stress...?

I have been told by my doctor that my recent lack or periods (irregular periods) are being caused by stress. All other tests have come back normal, and there are no other irregularities with my reproductive system. I was wondering if getting on birth control would begin to regulate my periods again? Also, since i'm not mensturating, would i just start taking the birth control, because usually you wait until your period comes, but i'm not sure how long it'll be before that happens again. I want to try and conceive sometime this year, so i would appreciate anything answers that would help me out here. Thanks!



Irregular periods due to stress...?ms stress



Well, stress is the number one cause of missed periods when all the other tests are normal and no pregnancy is involved. Birth control wouldn't be advisable, because, as you said, you don't know where you are in your cycle due to the irregularity. Wait until it comes back before you start. Remember though, certain birth control pills can have effects up to six months after you take them depending on your body's metabolism. Keep that in mind if you are trying to get pregnant.



Irregular periods due to stress...?home theater system opera theater



What about your diet? Do you eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and yogurts? Do you exercise? Someone once told me that this can help regulate your periods. If you are wanting to conceive this year I would be hesitant to begin BC.
Stress does have a factor to do with the irregularity. Wait to start the pills til you are sure u are not pregnant. Right now u should use a condom during this time until you get ur next cycle. You don't want to take the pills if there's a chance you might be pregnant. Good Luck!!
Hi Ya... Dont go back on the pill, as that will regulate you, but its not natural, and you will have worse problems when you come off. I am having the same problem. See your doctor. I think they can give you something to regulate you, but not act as a contraceptive. I am going through some series of tests to see if I actually ovulate, as my months range from 28 days to 104 days. Makes it hard to pin point the "24 hour window".



Dont give up, and have lots of fun sex (timed sex sucks). It will happen.



:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan