Thursday, December 10, 2009

Non-Stress Test & Fluid level checks?

I just got back from my doctor's appointment and the doctor said if I'm still pregnant next week (I'll be a week overdue) then she's going to send me for a non-stress test and an amniotic fluid level check. Can anyone tell me the procedures for these tests?



Non-Stress Test %26amp; Fluid level checks?ballet



A fluid check is just an ultrasound to look at fluid around the baby...no needles. And a non stress test is just having a heart rate monitor put on your belly and watching how your baby is reacting to things. Like if your having braxton hicks whether their heart is rising and falling correctly. It really isn't a big deal, I've had it done with all three of my pregnancies at the end when I went over. It doesn't hurt or harm you or the baby. It just takes a couple of hours. Don't worry! Next time just ask your doctor what is going to happen, you pay him...why not get your money's worth?



Non-Stress Test %26amp; Fluid level checks?globe theater opera theater



for the fluid level test thay stick a needel in ur belly normaly. can harm the baby. a friend of mine had it done. u dont have to let them do them things to u. ask the doctor what all is invalved and thay have to tell u by law... i refused to let them do any of them tests and i have 2 perfect little boys
The non stress thest is they just hook you up to a moniter and measure the babies heartrate and fetal movements and also see if you are having any contraction, they may have you eat a candy bar/crackers and drink some fluids if baby is at an inactive stage, the fluid check is just and ultra sound to make sure there is still suffiecient amount of amniotic fluid.
The non stress test is a no biggie thing. You are hooked up to a machine and lay in a bed or in a chair and they check the babies heartbeat and movement. I had these throughout my 3 pregnancies. Bring a book and some water. The amniotic fluid level check, I believe they withdraw some to see how things are going. I had the amnio centisis so they checked during that. Good luck and maybe you will be rocking your baby and not spending time with tests.
the non stress test is just where they put the belts on you to monitor movement and contractions and the baby's heart rate and the fluid level check is an ultrasound to see how much fluid is left aroud the baby it is nothing invasive

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan